So with the holidays over and the New Year ahead, it’s time to give the living room a fresh start. The easiest way to update any space is with items you already have in your own home.
1. Make an instant side table with the use of books. Stack some of those books you have been meaning to read. Cozy up by the fire with a good book and a warm drink instead of turning on the television tonight.
Photo via : thenest.com
2. Try a new furniture layout to give you a new perspective. Space permitting, move furniture away from the walls or arrange in groupings that encourages conversation.
Photo via: livecreatingyourself.com
3. Layer sofa with pillows and throws in varying textures for a cozy feel. Great for snuggling during the winter months.
Photo via: www.architectureartdesigns.com
4. Bring out the vases or beautiful bottles. Add fragrant flowers or small trees to add life to your living room. Why not incorporate Pantone’s 2014 color of the year in Radiant Orchid? This accent color will liven up any white or grey living space. Emerald Green is the perfect complementary color.
5. Personalize your space with photos or items you collect. Try framing old LP’s or favorite magazine covers. Guaranteed to start a conversation at your next gathering. Other gallery wall groupings may be mirrors, old frames, clocks and artwork.
Photo via: insidetheloop.tumblr.com
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 11 Bathroom Renovation Ideas to Freshen Up Your Bathroom - December 13, 2018
- Designer Space: Simple Drama - December 13, 2018
- Designer Space: Vintage Modern Renovation - December 11, 2018