Are you planning a holiday brunch for a large group? French toast is always a crowd pleaser so why not enhance this classic recipe into a new, easily prepared gourmet creation.
Have your guests go bananas with this delicious make-ahead holiday brunch recipe.
- 8 Slices Sun-Maid Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 Medium bananas, cut in 1/4-inch (5 mm) slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 4 ounces (125 g) Softened cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (5 mL) Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F (180°C).
- PLACE four slices of raisin bread in a single layer in a buttered 9-inch (2.5L) square baking dish. Top with bananas and remaining four slices of bread.
- BLEND milk, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour over raisin bread. Let stand 5 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes (50 to 55 minutes if refrigerated) until set and top is toasted. Let stand 10 minutes.
- CUT French toast into diagonal halves and remove with spatula. Dust servings with powdered sugar if desired.
Additional festive recipes are available online at www.sunmaid.ca.