Are you planning a holiday brunch for a large group? French toast is always a crowd pleaser so why not enhance this classic recipe into a new, easily prepared gourmet creation.
Have your guests go bananas with this delicious make-ahead holiday brunch recipe.
- 8 Slices Sun-Maid Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 Medium bananas, cut in 1/4-inch (5 mm) slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 4 ounces (125 g) Softened cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (5 mL) Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F (180°C).
- PLACE four slices of raisin bread in a single layer in a buttered 9-inch (2.5L) square baking dish. Top with bananas and remaining four slices of bread.
- BLEND milk, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour over raisin bread. Let stand 5 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes (50 to 55 minutes if refrigerated) until set and top is toasted. Let stand 10 minutes.
- CUT French toast into diagonal halves and remove with spatula. Dust servings with powdered sugar if desired.
Additional festive recipes are available online at www.sunmaid.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Celebrating 15 with Brian Gluckstein - January 23, 2020
- Kitchen Design Ideas We Love - January 15, 2020
- Modern Furniture, Interior Design and Your Province - January 9, 2020