Nutella breakfast slices are a fun way to create a delicious start to your day for you and your kids.
More than 58% of Canadian mothers are looking for new breakfast ideas. Are you one of them? Try this fun recipe from Nutella – it can be prepared in advance and helps to get out the door and off to school during the busy mornings. But it's also a delicious breakfast option that's sure to bring enjoyment to the morning routine.
- ¾ cup (180mL) all purpose flour
- ¾ cup (180mL) whole-wheat flour
- ¼ tsp (1mL) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (60mL) sugar
- ¼ cup (60mL) melted butter or non-hydrogenated margarine
- ¾ cup (180mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250mL) trail mix*
- ½ cup (125mL) Nutella®
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°c).
- Coat an 8x8-baking pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together sugar, butter or non-hydrogenated margarine, applesauce and egg. Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture and mix just to combine. Gently fold in trail mix and spoon into baking pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes and turn out onto a cutting board. Let them cool completely.
- When cool, cut into 10 bars. Spread the top of each bar with a little Nutella® and pair with a glass of milk and a bowl of fruit for a delicious breakfast.
- Signature trail mix is made up of equal parts of sunflower seed, raisins, cashews and pumpkin seeds.
Have you got more ideas for how to champion breakfast? Visit Facebook.com/TheBreakfastTable to apply for The Nutella Breakfast Table Fund before December 31st, 2012.
For more information, visit Nutella.com
Click Here To Find More Breakfast Recipes
What else can you do with your leftover Nutella? Why not try this delicious Nutella Breakfast idea. We love how Chiquita paired Nutella and Chiquita bananas together to make a fun breakfast that kids will enjoy!
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 26, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 26, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 26, 2023
Leave a Comment