This elegant first course salad presents a new way to enjoy juicy, California table grapes. Roasting the grapes with balsamic vinegar creates a sweet’n'savoury vinaigrette to spoon over a simple salad for effortless entertaining.
- 2 cups Californiared seedless table grapes, halved (500 mL)
- 2 tbsp Each good quality balsamic vinegar and vegetable oil (30 mL)
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper (approx.) (2 mL)
- Pinch of salt
- 8 cups Mesclun mix or mixed baby greens (2 L)
- 3 California kiwifruit, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 oz Goat cheese, crumbled (125 g)
- 1/4 cup Toasted California walnuts, coarsely chopped (50 mL)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss grapes with the vinegar, olive oil, black pepper and salt in an 8-inch (2 L) baking dish. Roast for 30 minutes or until shriveled and juices are released; cool slightly. (Grapes can be made ahead and reheated gently before serving.)
- Meanwhile, divide greens and kiwifruit between four serving plates. Sprinkle evenly with goat cheese and walnuts. Spoon the warm grape mixture, along with juices, over the salads.
Tips: Add sliced grilled chicken, pork or salmon to serve as a main course salad. Or, spoon the warm grape mixture over Brie or Camembert cheese and serve with crackers as an appetizer or as part of a cheese coarse.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Designer Space: Modern Character - August 16, 2018
- Trend Watch: Sleek Home Elevators - August 13, 2018
- Ultimate Bathroom Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - August 10, 2018