(NC)—Colourful, loaded with delicious vegetables yet hearty and warming.
Sausage Risotto Primavera
- 1/4 cup Mazola RightBlend! canola and olive oil blend
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chicken flavour bouillon powder
- 6 cups very hot water
- 3 tablespoons Mazola RightBlend! canola and olive oil blend
- 4 cups diced fresh vegetables, such as red and yellow bell peppers, asparagus, broccoli florets, zucchini, peas, butternut squash and carrots*
- 500g (6 to 8, 6-inch/15cm links) precooked sausage, sliced into coins
- 1 cup shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until softened. Increase heat to medium-high. Add the rice and stir until completely coated with oil; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in white wine and cook until almost dry, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine bouillon powder and hot water and mix until blend. Add 1 cup of broth to rice, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid is absorbed by the rice. Gradually stir in remaining broth 1 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding the next cup.
- While rice is cooking, heat 3 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Stir in sausage, remove from heat; set aside until risotto is nearly finished cooking.
- Risotto is ready after the last cup of broth has been stirred in and rice has thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vegetable mixture and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with additional shaved Parmesan, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Recipe Tip: Try using sausage made from chicken, turkey or pork.
- * Cook dense vegetables like carrots or squash first and after a minute or two add the other vegetables.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 Must-Haves for Your Man Cave - December 2, 2019
- Design Ideas for Your Custom Walk-in Closet - October 30, 2019
- Repairing Your Commercial Appliances: A Simple Guide - October 24, 2019