Designer Jacklynn Little shares where to splurge and where to save when designing a bathroom! – As seen in Canadian Home Trends Renovations 2017.
Selecting tile before anything else is key when designing a bathroom. It’s the most used product in the room and the most expensive, with material and labor, to install. It can be used as the inspiration for everything else in the room. For instance, if you select a neutral colored tile with a blue undertone, the vanity can be painted in a dark blue and the walls in a soft blue. You can also select accessories in complementary colors to bring it all together.
For a bold look, accentuate a neutral tile with a small band of colored tiles. The chosen color can then be used to help select the vanity, paint and accessories.
- The most affordable way to give your bathroom a makeover is to paint it! Color Shown: Just Off White No. 239, Farrow & Ball
- Replace existing hardware on your vanity to give it a fresh look! Hardware Shown: Home Depot
- Invest in a stunning light fixture that will be a showpiece! Fixture Shown: Union Lighting & Furnishings
- You can never spend too much money on quality towels! Towels Shown: Au Lit Fine Linens
- Install a luxurious vanity to make a bold statement in your bathroom! Vanity Shown: Union Lighting & Furnishings
- A bold wallcovering is always a good investment as it will make a statement in your bathroom. Wallcovering Shown: Farrow & Ball
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Kitchen Design Ideas We Love - January 15, 2020
- Modern Furniture, Interior Design and Your Province - January 9, 2020
- Understanding the new First Time Home Buyer Incentive - January 7, 2020