Quick, healthy and completely customizable, this quinoa bowl is a delicious vegetarian option. With crunchy flavours and a tangy Asian-inspired dressing, it is a one-bowl delight and a great source of protein. Best of all, the leftovers are delicious the next day.
- ½ cup (125 ml) quinoa
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sesame oil
- 4 mini Shanghai bok choy
- 6 thin asparagus
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) peanut or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 large radish, coarsely grated (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sprouts, your favourite variety
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a strainer, rinse quinoa under running water. Drain well. Place in a medium saucepan with water and salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer about 15 minutes until water is absorbed. Remove from heat, then fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir peanut butter with chili sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil. Trim ends from bok choy, then slice each lengthwise into 4 pieces. Snap tough ends from asparagus, then slice asparagus diagonally into 2-inch (5-cm) pieces.
- Heat peanut or vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bok choy, asparagus and edamame. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes or just until tender, adding a couple of tablespoons (30 ml) water if vegetables begin to stick. Add about ⅔ of the peanut butter sauce and stir-fry for about 1 minute, or until hot.
- Divide quinoa into 2 or 3 bowls. Top with bok choy mixture, then sprinkle with carrots, radishes and sprouts. Drizzle with remaining peanut sauce and sprinkle with peanuts.
Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Design Ideas for Your Custom Walk-in Closet - October 30, 2019
- Repairing Your Commercial Appliances: A Simple Guide - October 24, 2019
- What Is a VoIP Service? - October 15, 2019