Summer is heating up and many of us are thinking about heating up the barbecue too – especially for entertaining.
If you need a little refresher before your guests arrive, here are some helpful tips from Ozery Bakery, each one designed to turn up the heat on your next barbecue:
• Prep in advance. To ease last minute anxiety, marinate meats, assemble side dishes and chop any fruits or vegetables you'll need, beforehand.
• Plan your menu. Have a list ready before you leave for the store so you don't forget burger buns or any condiments.
• Transform the basics. Go beyond ketchup and mustard, and offer an assortment of cheeses, roasted veggies, hot sauces and other garnishes.
• Provide entertainment. Classic backyard games like horseshoes or badminton, cards or even a fun music playlist can liven up your backyard bash.
How about a fresh, homemade spread to tantalize your guests as well? This is a quick and easy appetizer to serve with pita, or even as a topping on your burger:
- 1 1/2 cups roasted pumpkinseeds
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place pumpkinseeds, parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes, pepper and basil leaves into a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds to blend. Add olive oil in a slow stream while blending, until desired consistency is obtained. Remove from processor, place in serving bowl and chill until ready to serve.
More entertaining and barbeque recipes are available at www.ozerybakery.com. www.newscanada.com
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Getting Ready for IDS19 - January 14, 2019
- Furniture Staging Tips - January 14, 2019
- Design Trends and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - January 14, 2019