Warm Zucchini and Rice Salad
Keeping fit during the summer months is a key concern for many, and eating wholesome meals at home is a great way to stay on track. But finding flavourful recipes that are easy to make can be a challenge. This simple zucchini and rice salad is sure to please the most complex of palates. To say it's easy to make is an understatement.
- 4 (125 g each) Minute Rice Cups Ready to Serve Long Grain & Wild Rice – Chicken Flavour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cubed cooked chicken (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- Add cubed, cooked chicken, if desired.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; sauté zucchini, garlic, salt and pepper for 4 or 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, mustard and honey until smooth; add to skillet along with rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 or 3 minutes or until rice is heated through. Stir in chicken (if using), pistachios, cranberries and baby spinach. Serve warm.
For simple 1+1+1 meal ideas and inspiration, visit Thirdoftheway.ca or share your #weekdaywin on social media to inspire others.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 2, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 2, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 2, 2023
Leave a Comment