Kitchen Design By: Jolanda Slagmolen-Flores, Casa Flores Cabinetry
Kitchen Design Inspiration: It is a dream of mine to someday be a part of a historical warehouse conversion and that was the inspiration for this kitchen design concept which mixes old and new, rustic and modern. A brick veneer accent wall and wood-look flooring create a rustic backdrop for clean and modern slab style cabinetry in matte black with accents in natural Halifax Oak.
The black cabinetry provides a neutral backdrop which at the same time makes all the other elements pop. The natural Halifax Oak accent cabinetry gives the space texture and interest. While upper cabinets would be left bare for a modern look, I would add champagne bronze handles on the lower cabinets for a traditional touch. Cabinets are topped with an industrial modern concrete-look engineered stone with a matching backsplash and a black sink and faucet to continue the industrial theme.
The black stainless steel appliances blend in with the cabinetry, allowing the other design elements to take centre stage. The visual focus of this kitchen design is not on the appliances but on the texture and feel of the brick and the rustic wood floors and cabinets. The light fixtures are a modern feature against the rustic backdrop and pull together the matte black and vintage bronze from the other fixtures.
- Sink and Faucet, Zomodo
- Lighting, Living Lighting
- Brick Veneer, Stone Selex
- Countertop, Granite Transformations
- Cabinetry, Sencillo Cabinets
- Hardware, Richelieu, Available through Upper Canada Specialty Hardware
- Wall Color, Dove Wing OC-18, Benjamin Moore
- Stools, Wayfair
- Flooring, Armstrong Flooring
- Appliances, KitchenAid
- Planter, Crate & Barrel
For more inspiring ideas, click here.
For more unique items for your home, click shopCHT.com.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- How long does it take to build a house from start to finish? - May 30, 2020
- How can I clean any room in 2 minutes? - May 30, 2020
- How to decorate a room with simple things? - May 30, 2020