Cookie exchanges – where guests are asked to bring different kinds of cookies to share – are always popular around the holidays. Whether it’s a workplace event or family gathering, a cookie exchange is easy to host and fun to spice up with a few details. Here are some helpful tips, courtesy of Walmart’s Great Value food brand:
- Keep It Simple: Encourage guests to choose easy recipes with simple, affordable ingredients that yield lots of cookies. There is no need to make anything complicated – especially when baking several dozens. Find easy and delicious recipes online at sites such as Walmart.ca/recipecentre.
- Variety: Keep track of what kinds of cookies guests are bringing to ensure different types are shared – and that they bring enough. Ask guests to prepare at least two of each kind of cookie per guest.
- Labelling: Have mini tent cards and pens ready so that bakers can label their cookies – and even sign their name to take credit for their creations.
- Exchange Them: Spread the treats out on a large table and have everyone grab their container. Guests can walk around the table in one direction picking up their cookies.
- Wrap It Up: Set up a packaging station with decorative tins, inexpensive plates, cellophane, ribbon or twine for guests to package their goodies and carry them home.
After the party, store cookies in an airtight container and place wax paper between each layer to keep them fresh.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 30, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 30, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 30, 2023
Leave a Comment