Looking for stocking stuffer ideas? Here are 10 Santa-approved gift suggestions to help save energy this year:
- LED or CFL light bulbs;
- Power bar with integrated timer or auto-shutoff;
- Faucet aerator;
- Cold water laundry detergent;
- Plugs for unused electrical outlets (up to 20 per cent of the air leakage in your home can happen through outlets);
- Battery powered radio in case of power outages;
- Tea towels to dry dishes instead of using the dry function on the dishwasher;
- Window insulating kit (up to 13 percent of air leakages in your home can occur through windows);
- Lighting timers;
- In-home energy monitor.
Additional ways to save energy are available at www.HydroOne.com/SaveEnergy.