Delight your guests this holiday season with this delicious yet surprisingly guilt-free tiramisu. Ideal to take along to either work or family parties, this Italian delicacy is a great, time-saving dessert that can be prepared up to eight hours in advance and served as needed. Lightly sweetened with naturally-sourced stevia, it's the perfect way to sensibly indulge in the season.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) warm, strong coffee
- 9 packets or 4 1/2 tsp Pure Via Turbinado Raw Cane sugar and stevia blend sweetener
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared light whipped topping
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 8 crisp ladyfingers
- 1 tsp (5 mL) unsweetened cocoa
- Combine coffee and one packet of Pure Via Turbinado. Stir until the sweetener is dissolved. Let coffee cool until lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, whisk together ricotta cheese, whipped topping, the additional Pure Via Turbinado sweetener and vanilla. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place coffee in shallow bowl. Dip four of the ladyfingers into coffee and let stand about five seconds.
- Remove and place two ladyfingers side by side on a plate for each tiramisu. Spread each tiramisu with 1/4 of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) of the cocoa. Repeat dipping and layering. Discard any remaining coffee.
- Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, at least two and up to eight hours before serving.
Nutritional information per serving:
• Calories: 264
• Total fat: 8g
• Cholesterol: 49 mg
• Sodium: 124 mg
• Carbohydrates: 42 g
• Protein: 10 g
Note that stevia, the sweetener in Pure Via, is also known as steviol glycosides. Additional calorie-reduced holiday recipes are available at www.purevia.ca.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 10 Fantastic Examples To Help You Design Your Home Office on a Budget - August 12, 2020
- Unusual Places for a Home Office - August 12, 2020
- Beat-the-clock breakfasts for back-to-school - August 12, 2020