Fall is the season of layers, which ultimately means more clutter and more time spent tidying. But this doesn’t have to be the case, so long as you’re prepared for the influx of seasonal mess. Start mess-proofing your home, (before you hold your annual Thanksgiving dinner), with these ten, simple tips.
- Fake a mudroom using an unused closet or stretch of wall. All you’ll need is a combination of bins, hooks and shelves.
- Install extra rows of hooks, in your mud room or beside your door, so that you can accommodate more jackets, scarves and sweaters
- Weather proof your deck using sealant. This way, when spring rolls around, your deck will be in good condition to use and enjoy right away.
- Disconnect and drain your garden hose, to prevent it from freezing and cracking from the cold, and keep it somewhere warm and dry for the winter.
- Organize the miscellaneous items in your “junk drawer” with a cupcake tray.
- Have your roof checked for damaged or missing shingles.
- Purchase some sort of mat or bin to keep shoes on to keep them off the floor, saving your floors from debris and water.
- Store your umbrellas upright to preserve their ribs. Hang them or purchase an umbrella holder to extend their life.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 30, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 30, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 30, 2023
Leave a Comment