A Homemade Christmas – Stepping through the towering hedges into the front courtyard of this Westside home, you can’t help but be inspired by the natural palette and beautiful urban views.
This family home was designed by the architect/owner 18 years ago for his young family and recently updated to reflect their more modern lifestyle all the while maintaining a true craftsman backbone and a sensitive balance of old and new.
As you enter the house, notice the fresh garlands draping the staircase, the formal Christmas tree in the living room, and the beautifully decorated holiday table with views to the North Shore Mountains. Continue to the kitchen and family room where you will find this year’s holiday crafts well under way. Once upstairs, take a minute to enjoy the view from the master bedroom then carry on down to the lower level wine cellar, music room and home theatre.
Gorgeous cherry floors and traditional moldings pair seamlessly with modern furniture and lighting all adorned for the holidays with a nod to a classic Christmas. Mixed metals, rich hues and ornate prints balanced with handcrafted natural foliage, garlands and wreaths.
Space designed for the Home for The Holidays Vancouver tour in support of Kids Help Phone.
A Homemade Christmas Sources:
- Holiday Styling by Trish Knight and Nicole Varga of Knight Varga Interiors
- Photography by Janis Nicolay
- Architect, Peter Rose
- Decoration Sponsors, Indigo and Goodge Place
- Florals, Hilary Miles Flowers
- Tree Sponsor, Hunters Garden Centre
- Cookie Wreath, Tweet Shoppe
For more great gift ideas, click here.
For more entertaining ideas, click here.
Latest posts by Trish Knight (see all)
- A Homemade Christmas - June 1, 2023
- Charitable Inspiration - June 1, 2023
- Classic Chef’s Kitchen - June 1, 2023
Leave a Comment