Not only are ice cream cakes the perfectly refreshing summer dessert, they're extremely easy to make at home.
“This recipe is one of my favourites for birthday parties or potlucks,” says Chef Tom Filippou, Executive Chef for President's Choice Cooking School. “The cake's bright colour and watermelon flavour make it a huge crowd pleaser.”
- 2 tubs (946mL each) PC Ice Cream Shop Flavours Watermelon Crunch Ice Cream
- 2 pkgs (350 g each) PC Eat the Middle First Cookies
- 1 Cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- ¼ cup (mL) Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Sprinkles
- Transfer ice cream to bowl; place in refrigerator for 1 hour or until soft enough to handle.
- Place cookies in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs. Press crumbs into bottom and up side of 9-inch (2.5 L) spring form pan; freeze for 30 minutes.
- Scrape softened ice cream into cookie crust. Using back of large spoon, push ice cream down to remove any air pockets. Smooth top with knife or offset spatula; place in freezer.
- Pour whipping cream into bowl; whip with electric beaters until medium peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in sugar until combined.
- Remove cake from freezer; top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Return to freezer for 4 to 6 hours or overnight until frozen. Before serving, let sit at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes.
More recipe ideas are available online at pc.ca.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 10 Fantastic Examples To Help You Design Your Home Office on a Budget - August 12, 2020
- Unusual Places for a Home Office - August 12, 2020
- Beat-the-clock breakfasts for back-to-school - August 12, 2020