Deep-Dish Watermelon Ice Cream Cake
Not only are ice cream cakes the perfectly refreshing summer dessert, they're extremely easy to make at home.
“This recipe is one of my favourites for birthday parties or potlucks,” says Chef Tom Filippou, Executive Chef for President's Choice Cooking School. “The cake's bright colour and watermelon flavour make it a huge crowd pleaser.”
- 2 tubs (946mL each) PC Ice Cream Shop Flavours Watermelon Crunch Ice Cream
- 2 pkgs (350 g each) PC Eat the Middle First Cookies
- 1 Cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- ¼ cup (mL) Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Sprinkles
- Transfer ice cream to bowl; place in refrigerator for 1 hour or until soft enough to handle.
- Place cookies in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs. Press crumbs into bottom and up side of 9-inch (2.5 L) spring form pan; freeze for 30 minutes.
- Scrape softened ice cream into cookie crust. Using back of large spoon, push ice cream down to remove any air pockets. Smooth top with knife or offset spatula; place in freezer.
- Pour whipping cream into bowl; whip with electric beaters until medium peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in sugar until combined.
- Remove cake from freezer; top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Return to freezer for 4 to 6 hours or overnight until frozen. Before serving, let sit at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes.
More recipe ideas are available online at pc.ca.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 30, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 30, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 30, 2023
Leave a Comment