Designer Jacklynn Little shows us how to create a Boho Moroccan Style living room with design tips you can use in your own home!
5 Design Tips for that Boho Moroccan Style Living Room
- Perfect Sofa… The biggest piece of furniture in the room will usually be the sofa. My design suggestion is always to select a contemporary, comfortable sofa with clean lines whether your aiming for Moroccan style or otherwise.
- Lighting… Pick the largest chandelier you can for the room, make sure it is to scale. This gold fixture is like the jewelry for your space. Also, mixing your metals makes an interesting statement.
- Paint… Like I say: “It’s not the most expensive thing in the room but makes the biggest impact.” Go bold with your paint. WHY NOT? The unexpected combination of black walls, pink trim and cream doors that I selected for Boho Moroccan style living room this is both bold but also calming.
- Accessories… All the accessories, rugs, pouffes, mirror, pillows and basket are from a store called Mashi Moosh, bringing the middle eastern Morroccan style right to our Canadian doorstep.
- Artwork… Go big or go home! My color inspiration for this Boho Moroccan style living room was inspired by this artist Linelle Lemoine’s work. Each room should have a focal point and if you do not have a fireplace art could be made. Make sure it’s big. This work is one of my favorites because it combines two things; color and movement. Just beautiful.
Sources for Jacklynn’s Boho Moroccan Style Living Room Design Board:
- Wall Color, Little Black Dress DR60-3; Trim & Ceiling Color, Made Your Blush DR70-0, Door Color, White Rabbit, DR571, Beauti-tone Design Roots Collection
- Sofa, Chairs, Coffee Table, Side Tables, Sunpan
- Lighting, Living Lighting
- Rugs, Pouffes, Pillows, Accessories, Mirror, Mashi Moosh
- Art, Linelle Lemoine