Many people don’t know how to cook the perfect hard boiled egg. The eggs are often over cooked to ensure that the inside has solidified. Over cooking a hard boiled egg can cause the white to be rubbery and the yolk to be very crumbly and be greyish and in colour. Here are a few simple steps to help you achieve the perfect hard boiled egg.
- Place eggs in a single layer in order to insure that all the eggs cook evenly.
- Cover eggs 1 to 2 inches with COLD water. (Placing the eggs in cold water and bringing them up to a gentle boil will prevent the cracking.)
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- When water is boiling remove from heat and and let it stand covered for 10 minutes. (The dark greyish colour that sometimes appears on the yolk is because the egg has been cooked too long)
- Rinse eggs in cold water and fill pot with cold water, refreshing water sporadically to ensure that the water is still cold OR fill pot with ice bath. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain eggs.
- Peel eggs under cold water. The water will help the peel fall off easily.
- Place egg in an air tight container in the refrigerator. They should be consumed within 5 days.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 8, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 8, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 8, 2023
Leave a Comment