The majority of us have no idea how to cook a soft boiled egg or even what it is. A soft boiled egg is achieved when the white has solidified and the yolk has thickened but still has a runny consistency. Here are a few easy steps to follow to obtain the perfect soft boiled egg.
- Place eggs in a single layer in order to insure that all the eggs cook evenly.
- Cover eggs 1 to 2 inches with COLD water. (Placing the eggs in cold water and bringing them up to a gentle boil will prevent the cracking.)
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Let it boil for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes run cold water over eggs to stop the cooking process.
- To enjoy place eggs in egg cups, gently tap the top of the egg with a spoon and peel the top. If you prefer you can also peel the whole egg.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Remote Schooling: Creating a Dedicated eLearning Space - September 17, 2021
- Create a Guest Bathroom for Outdoor Entertaining - September 17, 2021
- Educational Travel Ideas for Families - September 17, 2021