- 1/2 cup Butter (or hard margarine), softened
- 1 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 cup Crushed hard caramel candies or clear hard candies
- Cream butter and brown sugar in large bowl. Add egg. Beat well.
- Combine next 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Add to butter mixture in 2 additions, mixing well after each addition, until no dry flour remains. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into slightly flattened disc. Wrap with plastic wrap. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Discard plastic wrap from 1 disc. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thickness. Cut out shapes with lightly floured cookie cutter. Roll out scraps to cut more shapes. Arrange about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Cut out centre of each cookie with smaller, lightly floured cookie cutter.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) candy into cut-out centre of each cookie. Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes until golden and candy is melted. Let stand on cookie sheets for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from cookie sheets and place on wire racks to cool. Cool cookie sheets between batches. Repeat with remaining disc and candy.
Recipes reprinted from Company’s Coming Publishing Limited - As seen in Canadian Home Trends Magazine Fall 2013 Digital Edition
For more great tips, click here.
To shop for home decor ideas, click here.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Small Kitchen Space? Make The Most Out Of It! - September 25, 2021
- It’s Already Nice. Why Do I Need Staging? - September 25, 2021
- Why you Should Shop for Furniture Through Higher-End Stores - September 25, 2021