Cheesy Rice Balls
Soothe the after-school appetite with these scrumptious cheesy bites as seen in the publication, Walmart Live Better. These bite-sized balls are perfect for any little hands that want to help in the kitchen – plus the cheesy centre offers a fun surprise. Such a tasty treat for the kids will also be a guilty pleasure for mom and dad.
- 2 tbsp Great Value extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 cups cooked and cooled arborio or regular long-grain white rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 small Your Fresh Market mozzarella cubed, each 3/4-inch
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle with oil. Spread bread crumbs on a plate and set aside.
- Stir rice with egg, parmesan and salt in a medium bowl. Gather 1/3 cup of rice mixture and form into a ball using wet hands. Tuck a mozzarella cube into the centre, then reshape into a ball.
- Roll each ball through bread crumbs, just enough to lightly coat. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and roll in oil to coat. Repeat with remaining rice, bread crumbs and oil. There will be 6 balls. Bake in centre of oven until golden, about 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
Additional back-to-school snack recipes can be found at www.walmart.ca/recipes.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 7, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 7, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 7, 2023
Leave a Comment