Coconut Peanut Macaroons
Both decadent and quick to prepare with few ingredients, these peanutty macaroons are sure to be a welcome addition to your holiday baking lineup. Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2¾ cups (675 mL) sweetened coconut, flaked or shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk egg whites with sugar, vanilla and salt until well combined. Stir in coconut and peanuts.
- Using 2 dessert spoons (as mixture is sticky), gather a heaping tablespoon (about 22 mL) of the mixture. Place on baking sheet and form into a tight mound. Repeat with remaining mixture, stirring mixture in bowl occasionally. Set macaroons about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 1 sheet at time until tops of cookies are golden brown, about 13 to 15 minutes. If macaroons aren't perfectly shaped, edges can be trimmed with scissors, if desired.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet. Then remove to a rack to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 31, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 31, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 31, 2023
Leave a Comment