Creamy Speculoos Fudge
With its traditionally Christmas-like flavours, this fudge makes a great gift for anyone with a sweet tooth. “Inspired by the traditional spiced cookie from Belgium and Netherlands, the velvety spread used in this recipe contains a plentiful amount of crushed cookies. Flavours of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger make a great base for homemade candy,” says Chef Tom Filippou, executive chef President's Choice. “Microwave fudge is a gift from the sugar gods - no boiling sugar, candy thermometers, and sore arms from stirring the candy until it cools.”
- 2 cups (500 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC Speculoos Cookie Butter
- Line bottom and sides of 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish with foil; set aside.
- Stir together sugar, evaporated milk and salt in large glass bowl until thick and grainy. Heat in microwave on high for 2 minutes then whisk for 10 seconds. Return to microwave; heat for another 1 minute.
- Whisk in cookie butter; heat for 30 seconds. Using wooden spoon, stir vigorously for a few seconds then heat for another 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir very well; immediately pour into prepared pan, smoothing top with wooden spoon. Let cool on counter for a few minutes then refrigerate to cool completely.
- Lift fudge from pan; remove foil and cut into 64 squares.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 2, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 2, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 2, 2023
Leave a Comment