Master entertainer and celebrity chef David Rocco has been a guest and host in homes all around the world. Here, he shares tips to ensure your holiday entertaining runs smoothly:
Start things off right: Nothing says welcome like a festive beverage upon arrival accompanied by a make-ahead charcuterie platter of nibbles.
Keep it simple: Create a crowd-pleasing, non-fussy dish like pasta. It's a classic that's perfect for when you want to spend more time mingling and less time in the kitchen.
Share the table: Disconnect from technology and focus on each other. Create a table rule to leave devices at the door so everyone can fully enjoy time with their favourite people. Find more tips at Barilla's www.sharethetable.ca.
It doesn't have to be perfect: More than anything, your guests will enjoy your company, so remember to cherish the time and don't worry if the cutlery doesn't match.
- 1 box Barilla Rigatoni
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 15 pitted black olives, chopped
- 10 large sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups tomato purée
- 3/4 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Smoked scamorza cheese, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 dried chili peppers, crushed (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. While it's cooking, heat a saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, and brown garlic. Making sure oil is hot, add eggplant, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and chili peppers. Sauté until eggplant is soft and slightly golden. Add salt and tomato purée and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot. Add sauce, mozzarella, and scamorza cheese. Stir well. Pour into a large baking dish, top with a good sprinkle of Parmigiano-Reggiano, and bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for about 30 minutes or until beautifully golden and crisp.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 31, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 31, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 31, 2023
Leave a Comment