Easy Alfredo with Peas
- 1 pkg. (375 g) Catelli Smart Spaghetti
- 375 mL whipping cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) peas, fresh (or frozen optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Add 4 litres of water to a pot and add 1 tbsp (15 mL) salt to water. Bring to a boil.
- Heat a large pot or frying pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4 minutes to slightly thicken. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Add peas to the hot cream and return to a simmer. Once pasta is cooked, drain well and add to the hot sauce.
- Add Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and sliced green onions and bring to a simmer. Adjust salt to taste and serve at once.
Chef tip: To add a little more gusto to the dish, experiment with garlic and mushrooms in the sauce and finish it off by stirring an egg yolk into the dish.
More meal time pasta inspiration is available at Catelli.ca.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 30, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 30, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 30, 2023
Leave a Comment