As Seen In: 15th Anniversary Digital Special Edition
HOW CAN I ENCOURAGE EDUCATIONAL GROWTH FOR MY CHILD WHILE AT HOME?
The world and much of daily life changed significantly as the COVID-19 social distancing measures were heightened, leaving many people thinking about their children’s education and looking for new ways to keep them actively engaged in learning and expanding their minds. Fortunately, most schools and academic providers have used this time to find creative solutions to provide continued learning options for students. Fostering Debate Talent Academy quickly moved its operations online, thanks to Zoom and the flexibility of our staff and students.
The benefits of online programing like ours include:
1. Accessibility – the ability to reach more students, and to bring Speech and Debate to more people both across Canada and the world.
2. Convenience – students can learn from the comfort of their homes and don’t have to worry about commuting from one commitment to another, in turn saving parents time.
3. Skill building – the development of technical skills, and demonstrated self-motivation and self-discipline.
4. Improved virtual communication and collaboration skills.
5. Diversity – a unique learning experience with the ability to gain global awareness and perspective.
Students are adapting quickly to this style of learning and we have seen our students excel, not just in the classroom setting, but even winning several Debate and Speech tournaments (all of which were hosted online)!
OUR EXPERT: Cathy Cena, www.fdtacademy.com