Grape Frangipane Tart
Here's a recipe for a holiday table triumph: a dessert that's refreshing, elegant and rich, yet not heavy or overly sweet. The Grape Frangipane Tart looks like a jewel and tastes like a dream with juicy grapes and the complementary flavour of almonds. Begin with your favourite tart dough recipe or purchase the best tart shell you can buy ready-made from your grocer's freezer selection. Whipped cream is the perfect topping.
- 1 tart pastry, single crust for 10-inch tart
- 3 1/2 cups red or black seedless California grapes
- 2 oz. almond paste
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Pinch salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.Line a 10-inch tart pan with pastry.
- Arrange grapes snugly in decorative rings in pastry.
- In an electric mixer combine almond paste, egg, sugar, butter, flour, and salt until smooth to create frangipane.
- Carefully spread over arranged grapes and bake for 35 minutes, until the tart is golden brown and cooked through. If using a convection oven, bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- When tart is cool, remove from pan and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Calories 151; Protein 2 g; Fat 8 g; 46% calories from Fat; Carbohydrate 19 g; Cholesterol 34 mg; Fibre .8 g; Sodium 86 mg.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 30, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 30, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 30, 2023
Leave a Comment