Original Recipe by Chef Ted Reader courtesy of Napoleon’s Everyday Gourmet Burgers
- ice-cold fresh halibut, boneless and skinless 11⁄2 lb (675 g)
- Alaskan king crabmeat, chopped 1⁄2 lb (225 g)
- wild rice, fully cooked 1⁄2 cup (125 mL)
- carrot, grated 1⁄4 cup (60 mL)
- white onion, diced 1⁄4 cup (60 mL)
- green onions, minced 2
- clove garlic, minced 1
- butter, softened 1 tsp (5 mL)
- Parmesan cheese, grated 2 Tbsp (30 mL)
- Egg 1
- panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs 1⁄4 cup (60 mL)
- Ted’s World Famous BBQ Orgasmic Onion Burger Seasoning 2 Tbsp (30 mL)
- Brioche burger buns 8
- In a food processor or meat grinder, grind the halibut until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add chopped crabmeat, wild rice, carrot, onion, green onion, garlic, butter, Parmesan cheese, egg, panko bread crumbs and Orgasmic Onion Burger Seasoning.
- Form into eight 4-oz (120 g) burger patties approximately 3 to 4 inches (7.5–10 cm) in diameter and 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick.
- Once you have made the 8 burgers, place a slice of pancetta on either side of the halibut burger and press firmly so that the pancetta sticks to the burger. Place on a parchment-paper-lined plate, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour
- Preheat grill to medium, 350–450°F (175–230°C).
- Grill burgers for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until fully cooked and the pancetta is crisp on the outside.
- Remove from grill.
ASSEMBLE YOUR BURGERS! Brioche bun, Mustard Coleslaw (p. 131), pancetta-crusted halibut burger and add Brioche bun top.