There is nothing that says healthy and delicious like Joy McCarthy recipes!
The holiday season is a time to indulge in desserts but who says that they can’t be healthy? Enjoy this yummy gluten-free holiday dessert recipe by Joy McCarthy, a Registered/Certified Holistic Nutritionist CNP RNCP
With so many rich, tasty holiday dishes to indulge in, it's next to impossible to decline an extra portion, especially when it comes to desserts. We want to be good, we intend to be good, but in the end, many of us are not successful.
“The holidays are a wonderful time to celebrate with family and friends as we share homemade meals and fabulous desserts,” says Helen Sherrard, president of Canadian Health Food Association. “There's no need to feel guilty though, if you use portion control and reach for healthier options.”
Sherrard says that CHFA is an organization committed to ensuring Canadians continue to have access to safe, effective and high quality natural health products – and during the holidays, it is indeed difficult to find healthy recipes when most everything contains lots of sugar, fat and salt.
Here, however, is one of many healthy, guilt-free dessert recipes, courtesy of CHFA
- 8 Medjool dates (remove seeds and soak in water for a couple of hours)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup flavoured protein powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (unsulfured)
- Place all the ingredients (excluding the coconut flakes) into the food processor and blend until smooth – about 1-2 minutes. Form into 1.5” balls and roll in flaked coconut. Place in freezer for a couple of hours or until you are ready to enjoy to let them harden a bit.
Ingredients can be found at a natural health food store. Locations, as well as many more delicious recipes are available online at chfa.ca. All recipes were created by Joy McCarthy, a Registered/Certified Holistic Nutritionist CNP RNCP.
Click Here For More Yummy Holiday Desserts!
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 2, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 2, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 2, 2023
Leave a Comment