Modern Living Room Design Board by: Designer Jenn MacDonald, DWK Interiors
About This Modern Living Room Look:
When designing a cozy, laid back living room, it’s always important to include natural elements. Natural elements automatically create that laid back, fuse free feel. In this space, mixing a modern wood coffee table with marble side tables brings in a natural feel that also exudes luxury.
Keeping the larger items light, neutral and classic allows them to stand the test of time and allows you to transition your space easily from season to season. For the sofa and chair, we selected classic pieces with neutral fabrics and natural wood finishes. These are investment pieces so it is important that they offer a great deal of design flexibility in the modern living room! As the seasons and your personal style changes, you can easily change up this look by adding pops of color or changing out the accessories!
Layering light, neutral items over a darker area rug with warm tones like brick and olive makes the space feel restful and calm. The pattern and colors in this area rug offer the perfect base for a living room full of natural finishes and neutral materials and grounds the space with a subtle touch of drama!
Modern Living Room Sources:
- Design by Jenn MacDonald, DWK Interiors
- Area Rug, BOFT Fine Rugs
- Sofa, Ottoman, Coffee Table, Side Tables, Chair, Four Hands
- Pillows, Throw, Baskets, Tonic Living
- Lamp, Tray, Black Vase, Arteriors
- White and Black Candle Holder, HomeSense
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Multi-generational Households: Exploring Your Options - October 15, 2021
- Beef Lo Mein Recipe from Chef Lynn Crawford - October 15, 2021
- Trendsetter: Natalie Lagace - October 12, 2021