‘Peanuts and Pulses’ Summer Salad
High-fibre lentils and protein-packed peanuts make this salad a great choice for both your taste buds and your health. Make this recipe your own by adding in other seasonal fruits and vegetables, or a sprinkling of crumbled feta cheese.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried green lentils
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) peanut oil
- 4 cups (1 L) baby arugula
- 1 cup (250 mL) colourful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe peaches, or 1 mango pitted and peeled, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mint leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) peanuts, chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring 1¾ cup (425 mL) salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, rinse lentils in a colander. Add lentils to boiling water, cover and simmer gently 15 to 18 minutes, or until tender but not mushy. Drain well and rinse under cold water to cool, then pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice with peanut butter, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Add peanut oil and whisk until combined.
- Place arugula, tomatoes, peaches or mango, carrot and green onion in a salad bowl, and top with cooled lentils. Toss with salad dressing. Garnish with mint and peanuts.
Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 30, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 30, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 30, 2023
Leave a Comment