Prociutto Wrapped Spiced Pineapple Spears
From his latest cookbook, Weber's New Real Grilling, author Jamie Purviance pairs prosciutto with spiced pineapple spears to create this succulent starter.
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 16 spears, each about 1 by 5 inches
- 32 thin slices prosciutto, about 1 pound total
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions (white and light green parts only)
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
- In a food processor or a blender combine the paste ingredients. Process until a chunky paste forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl at least once.
- Coat each pineapple spear with about 1 teaspoon of the paste, and then wrap each spear with two prosciutto slices. Grill the spears over direct high heat, with the lid closed, until the prosciutto is crisp on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve immediately.
2013 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber's New Real Grilling by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 30, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 30, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 30, 2023
Leave a Comment