Roasted Vegetable Casserole
Looking for a wholesome meat-free meal for six? If you have rice on hand, just add a protein and a veggie to produce a meal in minutes – and faster than a take-out order could arrive at your door. With minimal effort, this delicious creation can be on your table in less than 45 minutes any day of the week.
- 3 cups (750 mL) broccoli florets
- 3 cups (750 mL) cauliflower florets
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) Minute Rice Premium Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) lentils, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh chives or parsley
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Combine broccoli, cauliflower and carrots; toss with oil and garlic. Season with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on prepared pan; bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Toss rice with lentils (if using), roasted vegetables and chives.
For more simple 1+1+1 meal ideas and inspiration, visit Thirdoftheway.ca or share your #weekdaywin creation on social media to inspire others. www.newscanada.com
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 31, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 31, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 31, 2023
Leave a Comment