In weather like this most of us would rather be soaking up the heat than cooking in it. Although slow cookers are known for their ability to prepare soups, chilies and hot comfort foods through the winter, savvy Canadian families are finding that slow cooker meals in the summer offer more time to enjoy the season, instead of spending it inside worrying about dinner. One of these great recipes is Pulled Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 500ml jar of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 1 ET TU Caesar Original Salad Kit
- 1 head of fresh romaine or 2 romaine hearts
- 6-8 Kaiser or Hamburger buns
- • Pour ½ of BBQ sauce into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Layer chicken pieces into bottom of slow cooker and pour remaining BBQ sauce over your chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from slow cooker, place on a cutting board and using two forks, pull chicken into shreds.
- Place chicken back in cooker, stirring until mixture is evenly coated, cover and cook for approximately 30 minutes to absorb more liquid.
- While chicken mixture is simmering, create your Caesar salad using an easy and delicious ET TU Caesar Original Salad Kit. Prepare salad according to package directions.
- Once ready, place chicken, topped with Caesar salad mixture, on buns.