Pumpkin Pancakes with Apple Cider Syrup
A great breakfast favourite for Shrove Tuesday.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Veg Plus! canola and vegetable oil blend
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mazola Veg Plus! canola and vegetable oil blend for skillet/griddle
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 cup BeeHive corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Apple Cider Syrup:
- Combine flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, egg, pumpkin, oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat with a whisk until smooth. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Do not overbeat.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle on medium high heat, adding a small amount of oil. Portion approximately 1/4 cup of batter on griddle, repeating to fill griddle. Cook pancake until bottom is brown and top has bubbles, about 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and continue cooking until bottom is browned. Serve immediately with Hot Apple Cider Syrup (below).
- Continue cooking pancakes until all batter has been used.
- Combine cider and corn syrup in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook about 15 minutes until mixture has a syrupy consistency.
- Add butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Keep warm and serve over favourite pancakes.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Remote Schooling: Creating a Dedicated eLearning Space - September 19, 2021
- Create a Guest Bathroom for Outdoor Entertaining - September 19, 2021
- Educational Travel Ideas for Families - September 19, 2021