Creating an impressive holiday dessert table doesn't have to take hours in the kitchen. You can bake with style using easy-to-make recipes that both look beautiful and taste great. These cute Superstar Eggnog Tarts are perfect for any festive function. More seasonal recipes are available at www.tenderflake.ca.
- 2 packages Tenderflake tart shells
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) amber or light rum
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) white icing
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Arrange one package of tart shells on a baking sheet. Using an electric beater, beat together the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Stir in evaporated milk, water, rum, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Pour into the tart shells and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Remove the remaining tart shells from the foil tins. Transfer to a lightly floured work surface and press to flatten. Using a 1 1/2 -2” (3.5-5 cm) star shaped cutter, cut a star from each piece of pastry. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Mix icing and nutmeg together and place in a small piping bag. Pipe a thin line of icing around the edges of each star.
- Top each tart with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of whipped topping and garnish with a star.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Remote Schooling: Creating a Dedicated eLearning Space - September 21, 2021
- Create a Guest Bathroom for Outdoor Entertaining - September 21, 2021
- Educational Travel Ideas for Families - September 21, 2021