Thai Peanut Chicken Pops
These hand-held easy-to-eat chicken pops are perfect for any party. If there are any leftovers, they're excellent rolled in a wrap for lunch the next day. More tasty recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) natural peanut butter, preferably crunchy
- 1/4cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Thai curry paste, red or green
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 20 to 24 small 6-inch (15-cm) wooden skewers
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped peanuts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped coriander
- In a medium bowl, whisk peanut butter with soy sauce, lime juice and curry paste until well blended.
- Slice chicken lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1-cm) thick strips. Add chicken to peanut butter mixture and stir to coat well. Refrigerate chicken in marinade mixture for at least 2 hours before skewering, but preferably overnight.
- Soak skewers in water. Oil grill and preheat to medium. Remove chicken from marinade and roll each strip into a spiral, inserting a small skewer through each spiral to hold like a lollipop. The end pieces will be smaller, so roll with another strip. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place on grill and barbecue, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve on a platter, sprinkled with peanuts and coriander.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 21, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 21, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 21, 2023
Leave a Comment