Tiger Shrimp and Glass Noodle Salad
Looking for a fresh take on pasta salad? Try Chef Gordon Ramsay's version made using the Philips Airfryer, which combines tiger shrimp, a vegetable medley, and fresh herbs to add bright colour and delicious flavours creating the perfect main course salad.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) piment d'Espelette
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 18 large tiger shrimp, deveined and butterflied with tails intact
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lb (250 g) glass (cellophane) noodles, prepared according to the package instructions, drained and chilled
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced diagonally
- 4 baby yellow bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 baby red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 cups peeled, seeded, and julienned green papaya
- 1/2 cup (1/2 oz/15 g) fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (1/2 oz/15 g) fresh cilantro leaves, and chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2 oz./45 g) roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, julienned
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz/125 ml) soy sauce
- 8 tsp (40 ml) honey
- 2 inch (5 cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup (8 fl. oz/250 ml) grapeseed oil
For the dressing:
- Preheat the Philips Airfryer to 390°F (200°C). In a small bowl, stir together the piment d'Espelette and 2 tbsp olive oil. Arrange shrimp on a baking sheet and brush with the piment d'Espelette mixture. Sprinkle with lemon and lime zests and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 6 shrimp cut side down in the fry basket and insert into the Airfryer. Cook for 4 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet to cool. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- For the dressing: In a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, green onion, and chili sauce. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified.
- Assemble the salad in a large bowl, tossing in noodles, cucumber, bell peppers, carrot, green onions, papaya, mint, and cilantro. Add the vinaigrette to taste and toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Divide the salad among 6 plates. Place 3 shrimp on top of each serving. Garnish with peanuts and basil and serve immediately.
Tip: It's worth seeking out piment d'Espelette for its complex flavor and subtle heat, but hot paprika can be used instead. You can also substitute glass noodles for rice noodles.
Visit Philips.ca to learn more about the Philips Airfryer.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - April 1, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - April 1, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - April 1, 2023
Leave a Comment