The kitchen is one of the busiest rooms in the house, and is no stranger to spills on the counters, messes on the tables, and dirty dishes in the sink. Here are a few tips that’ll make cleanup easier and leave your kitchen always ready to shine.
- Clean as you go. As you wait for a sauce to simmer, water to boil, or a casserole to cook, use this time to clean a dish or wipe down the counter. It’s a super simple task that also makes the most of the time you’ll be waiting around the kitchen anyway, letting you enjoy your creation as soon as it’s ready.
- Choose fingerprint-resistant appliances. Tired of scrubbing your fridge to get rid of sticky fingerprints? Solve that problem with fingerprint-resistant stainless steel. This innovative feature makes maintaining a clean kitchen effortless, and can be found across the entire new Maytag kitchen lineup, including refrigerators, dishwashers, and ranges.
- Plan ahead. Planning to make a hearty chili on Monday and a fresh dinner salad on Tuesday? Chopping all your veggies at the same time is a great time saver and means you’ll only need to clean one round of dishes for two delicious meals.
- Cover your dishes. Another simple yet effective trick to make cleanup faster is covering your countertops or your ovenware with sheets of wax or parchment paper. Do this before prepping your ingredients or cooking and when you’re finished simply toss the sheet. You can also do this with a baking sheet or use aluminum foil instead. This way you won’t need to worry about clean up.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 31, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 31, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 31, 2023
Leave a Comment