Looking for stocking stuffer ideas? Here are 10 Santa-approved gift suggestions to help save energy this year:
- LED or CFL light bulbs;
- Power bar with integrated timer or auto-shutoff;
- Faucet aerator;
- Cold water laundry detergent;
- Plugs for unused electrical outlets (up to 20 per cent of the air leakage in your home can happen through outlets);
- Battery powered radio in case of power outages;
- Tea towels to dry dishes instead of using the dry function on the dishwasher;
- Window insulating kit (up to 13 percent of air leakages in your home can occur through windows);
- Lighting timers;
- In-home energy monitor.
Additional ways to save energy are available at www.HydroOne.com/SaveEnergy.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.