Design Blogger: Annie Sloan, Chalk Paint
Inspired by a blog meme going around recently, we decided to challenge our design bloggers to share a little bit about themselves with 15 fun questions. You can view more 15 Questions posts here.
What’s your favourite wallpaper pattern?
I find the work of artists like Edward Bawden and Raoul Dufy, who did textile designs, very inspiring. Celia Birtwell is another more contemporary artist who I also think is fantastic.
What’s the best vacation you’ve taken?
We treated ourselves to an African Safari last year, which was amazing and so relaxing. Just recently, we have been to Lisbon, Portugal, which was also fantastic.
3. If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be?
It would have to be my mother and grandmother. I unfortunately never got to meet my grandmother. My mother was an incredible cook. Having us all together would be great.
4. Name one thing on your bucket list.
I have recently just compiled a list with my husband David and one of the things on there was to visit Pompeii, Rome and Naples. I don’t want to do anything crazy like skydiving but I do want to complete a 5km run. I am in training for this!
5. What’s your favourite room in your house?
I have three favourite rooms; I love my garden room, my kitchen and my sitting room. But if I had to choose one, it would be my garden room.
Photo Credit: Annie Sloan’s Room Recipes for Style and Color by Annie Sloan and Felix Sloan, CICO Books, CDN$45.00; www.cicobooks.com , Photo credit: Photography by Christopher Drake
6. If you could pick any designer, living or dead to decorate your house, who would it be?
It would have to be Karl Friedrich Schinkel who was an 18th century Prussian architect and painter from Germany. I recently went to see a house of his when I was in Germany and it was just stunning.
7. What’s on your night stand?
8. Backyard BBQ or Formal Dinner?
It would have to be a backyard BBQ.
9. If you could rewind twenty years and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
Trust your gut and believe in yourself.
10. Share something you’ve pinned (or bookmarked) and why you love it.
I love the studio at Charleston House in the South of England – it has the most incredible fireplace.
11. What’s one decorating piece of advice you swear by?
Concentrate of the big before focusing on the little when it comes to decoration. I am always going on about this!
12. What’s your favourite colour and where have you used it or seen it used in a beautiful way?
I am totally into vibrant colours mix with neutrals. Antibes Green has been a constant favourite of mine. Another one I love at the moment is English Yellow. I have just used it in my hallway. I’ve seen it used in very old 18thcentury rooms as well as modern rooms.
Antibes Green side table: The home of UK photographer, interior decorator and 2014 Annie Sloan Painter in Residence, Janice Issitt. Photo Credit: Annie Sloan’s Room Recipes for Style and Color by Annie Sloan and Felix Sloan, CICO Books, CDN$45.00; www.cicobooks.com , Photo credit: Photography by Christopher Drake
13. If money was no object, what’s something you’d buy right now?
I would love to buy some beautiful paintings and drawings – nothing too valuable but something that I could look at and aspire to.
14. Share something that scares you, something that comforts you, or both.
My lovely bed comforts me and doing something like skydiving scares me.
15. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Watching really trashy television.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Keep Your Basement Safe & Dry - October 12, 2018
- Stylish Updates for Your Basement Ceiling - October 12, 2018
- Halloween Decorations to DIY Using Supplies From the Dollar Store - October 10, 2018