1. Make it pet-friendly! I’m not just talking wallpaper with kitten patterns! If you have the space for it, the laundry room is the perfect place to create a haven for your four legged friends for a few reasons: it’s out of the way, easy to clean, and already smells good; (perfect for masking the smell of litter). If you have a dog, consider installing some sort of dog washing station in your laundry room for added utility.
2. Backsplash fun. They’re not just for kitchens! Adding a mosaic tile backsplash can be a fairly simple project – (perhaps even a DIY) – and is a great way to add some colour and fun to your otherwise drab laundry room.
3. Extreme organization. Cubbies, hideaway drawers, and drop down ironing boards are all the rage for laundry rooms in 2016. These are good elements to consider if you don’t have a lot of space.
4. Consider your colour options. Laundry and the colour white is a combo that just makes sense, right? Well in 2016, we’re saying so long to white and instead embracing richer earth tones for our laundry spaces. Try walnut, copper and rust colours to add ambiance and warmth to your laundry room and also a welcomed change.
5. Drying racks. There are several perks to installing drying racks in your laundry room. For one, air-drying your clothes ensures them a longer lifespan, especially for those pieces you tend to over-wear (and as a result, over-wash) or for clothes made of finicky, easily damageable materials. As an added perk, think of all the money you’ll be saving by using your dryer less!
Latest posts by Zakiya Kassam (see all)
- Designer Space: In With The Old - August 16, 2018
- Easy Updates That Will Increase Your Home’s Market Value - August 6, 2018
- Designer Space: Drama Queen - July 25, 2018