Shaved salads are a great way to showcase vegetables. Thinly sliced asparagus, sweet carrots, crisp radish and apple tossed in a lemony vinaigrette make for an incredible springtime salad. Serve it with brunch or as a side dish to a favorite entrée.
Recipe by Rob Thomas, www.chefrob.ca
SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND CARROT SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2 carrots
- 1 apple
- 3 radishes
- 3 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp liquid honey
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND CARROT SALAD DIRECTIONS
Shave fresh asparagus with a peeler, set aside in a large bowl. Then shave carrots with a peeler (shave off outer layer first).
Finish off by cutting the apples and radishes into thin matchsticks (or thinly slice or shave radish), add to bowl.
Combine dressing ingredients in a jar covered with a tight-fitting lid and shake to combine. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Kitchen Design Ideas We Love - January 15, 2020
- Modern Furniture, Interior Design and Your Province - January 9, 2020
- Understanding the new First Time Home Buyer Incentive - January 7, 2020