Asparagus & carrot salad is a shaved salad which is a great way to showcase vegetables. Thinly sliced asparagus, sweet carrots, crisp radish and apple tossed in a lemony vinaigrette make for an incredible springtime salad. Serve it with brunch or as a side dish to a favorite entrée.
Recipe by Rob Thomas, www.chefrob.ca
SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND CARROT SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2 carrots
- 1 apple
- 3 radishes
- 3 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp liquid honey
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND CARROT SALAD DIRECTIONS
Shave fresh asparagus with a peeler, set aside in a large bowl. Then shave carrots with a peeler (shave off outer layer first).
Finish off by cutting the apples and radishes into thin matchsticks (or thinly slice or shave radish), add to bowl.
Combine dressing ingredients in a jar covered with a tight-fitting lid and shake to combine. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
For more great ideas, click here.
For more unique items for your home, click shopCHT.com.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Remote Schooling: Creating a Dedicated eLearning Space - September 21, 2021
- Create a Guest Bathroom for Outdoor Entertaining - September 21, 2021
- Educational Travel Ideas for Families - September 21, 2021