Are you planning a basement renovation? Designer Michelle Cook shares her favourite basement products to use in a reno project.
1. DRIcore has fantastic floor and wall solutions, specifically designed to prevent moisture and mold issues known to plague basements. DRIcore’s SMARTWALL completely eliminates the need for framing, taping and mudding, incorporating 1/2″ drywall panels, primed and ready to paint. – DRIcore
2. DRIcore Subfloors in 2′ x 2′ panels are designed to allow concrete to breathe and air to flow under the subfloor. It keeps your feet warm and once installed, almost any flooring product can be laid on top. Alternatively, you can choose to leave as is and simply add several coats of polyurethane. – DRIcore
3. Game tables are key entertainment pieces, yet due to their large size, they need to serve double duty. F.G. Bradley’s has a clever storage cart for their conversion top, providing an easy on-off option for a ping pong top. – F.G. Bradley’s
4. A basement bathroom adds values to a home. Home Hardware’s vanity selection covers all styles and sizes. The two-door, two-drawer, gloss Euro wood grain vanity offers lots of storage space. It’s stunning and clean-lined, with no visible hardware for space saving, modern aesthetic that can be paired with any colour scheme. – Home Hardware
5. Canada Billiard not only understands versatility but also chic style with their La Condo 2-in-1, solid birch dining tabletop, with optional drawer for cue and ball storage. Within minutes a game of pool is converted to a table fit to serve dinner, play cards, wrap presents or work on a school assignment. – Canada Billiard
Text by Michelle Cook