Choosing local vegetables is not only a great way to eat healthy but it's also fun for the whole family. For this recipe visit your favourite farmer's market to find the seasonal potatoes, red onions and cucumber.
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 700 mL (3 cups) cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces (about 3 cups)
- 230 mL (1 cup) peeled and chopped cucumber
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) chopped red onion
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) chopped celery
- 35 mL (2 1/2 tbsp) cayenne pepper sauce
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) crumbled blue cheese
- Cover potatoes with water in a 3-litre saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Toss potatoes with remaining ingredients in serving bowl. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Serve chilled or at room temperature and, if desired, on a bed of lettuce, garnished with celery leaves.
Mayonnaise is a great substitute for traditional cooking oils since it locks in flavour and moisture, giving you juicy, tasty chicken breasts with the added benefit of omega-3, a polyunsaturated fat. Since Canada's Food Guide recommends eating a small amount (30-45 mL or 2-3 tbsp) of unsaturated fat each day, mayonnaise is a great ingredient to add to your dish or meal.
More recipe ideas to keep your dinners interesting this summer and complete nutrition information can be found at www.hellmanns.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Is a VoIP Service? - October 15, 2019
- Design Spotlight: Simon Chang - October 9, 2019
- Here’s What to Know Before Hiring Someone to Service Your Electrical System - October 8, 2019