Choosing local vegetables is not only a great way to eat healthy but it's also fun for the whole family. For this recipe visit your favourite farmer's market to find the seasonal potatoes, red onions and cucumber.
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 700 mL (3 cups) cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces (about 3 cups)
- 230 mL (1 cup) peeled and chopped cucumber
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) chopped red onion
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) chopped celery
- 35 mL (2 1/2 tbsp) cayenne pepper sauce
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) crumbled blue cheese
- Cover potatoes with water in a 3-litre saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Toss potatoes with remaining ingredients in serving bowl. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Serve chilled or at room temperature and, if desired, on a bed of lettuce, garnished with celery leaves.
Mayonnaise is a great substitute for traditional cooking oils since it locks in flavour and moisture, giving you juicy, tasty chicken breasts with the added benefit of omega-3, a polyunsaturated fat. Since Canada's Food Guide recommends eating a small amount (30-45 mL or 2-3 tbsp) of unsaturated fat each day, mayonnaise is a great ingredient to add to your dish or meal.
More recipe ideas to keep your dinners interesting this summer and complete nutrition information can be found at www.hellmanns.ca.