During the hot, lazy days of summer, it's easy to slip into vacation mode and fall into a mealtime rut. To solve this, however, you don't have to spend hours prepping in the kitchen. With a backyard barbecue on hand and a pantry stocked with flavourful marinades, you can whip up a seasonal spread in no time flat.
Marinades help tenderize meats, adding mouth-watering flavour and aromas to everyday ingredients – and they do the work for you. After combining your meat and marinade, you can kick back and relax with a good book, or get the scoop on everyone's day. When the family is finally ready for dinner, all the prep work is already done.
Bursting with Indian spices and flavours, the tandoori recipe below is the perfect way to add some spice to your dinner hour while ensuring you can still enjoy the summer sunshine.
- 1 ½ lb (675 gr) flank steak
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH Tandoori Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH Pineapple Sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) red pepper, finely diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) green onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) plus 1 tsp (5 mL) lime juice
- Pam grilling spray
- Marinate flank steak in 3/4 cup (180 mL) of VH Tandoori sauce, 2 tbsp (30 mL) pineapple juice and 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice for 6 hrs.
- Stir together pineapple chunks, VH Pineapple sauce, red pepper, green onions and remaining lime juice, set aside.
- Wipe excess marinade from beef and discard. Spray grill with Pam grilling spray and heat to medium-high. Sear meat on both sides, then move meat to a cooler spot on the grill to finish cooking with indirect heat. While cooking, baste steak with ½ cup of VH Tandoori sauce.
- Cook to desired doneness, about 20 minutes for medium. Remove from heat, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly and serve with remaining sauce and salsa.
Flank steak is best cooked to medium-rare or medium to retain its tenderness. To help save time, allow the meat to marinate overnight in the fridge.
Additional recipe ideas are available online at www.VHsauces.com.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 30, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 30, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 30, 2023
Leave a Comment