This versatile recipe can be served as a deconstructed salad in fun individual lettuce bundles, or even as fresh, healthy lettuce wraps your guests can build themselves at a buffet-style party. The creamy taste of butter lettuce is a perfect complement to the Thai vinaigrette.
With commitment and dedication to food safety, California leafy greens farmers recognize their responsibility to produce a safe product and are committed to protecting public health. More great recipes can be found at www.caleafygreens.ca.gov
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemongrass paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Thai fish sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 large mango peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) grape tomato halves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh mint,chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into wedges
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- Combine cayenne pepper, garlic, lemongrass paste, sugar, sunflower oil, fish sauce and lime juice in a serving bowl.
- In a serving bowl, toss together mango, onion, tomatoes and herbs. Gently, mix in avocado. Add in vinaigrette and toss gently to distribute. Spread butter leaves over serving platter and top with mango salad. Serve salad immediately.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Gorgeous Solutions to Make Your Bathroom Lighting Stand Out - February 2, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Finding the Right Area Rug - February 2, 2018
- Ask the Expert: Renovate Before Selling? - February 2, 2018