- 1 pkg spring roll wrappers
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato paste, drained of oil
- 24 strips pickled peppers
- 24 prosciutto slices, very thin
- 24 pcs fresh mozzarella cheese cut into 3 ½ inch logs ½ inch thick
- 24 basil leaves
- black pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- Lay the spring roll wrap.
- Add a slice of prosciutto in the center.
- Spread some sun-dried tomato paste on it.
- Place a piece or two of pickled peppers and a log of mozzarella on it.
- Wrap it like a spring roll.
- Seal the edges with a brushing of water.
- Deep-fry at 360°F until golden crisp.
- Cut in half and serve with your choice of dipping sauce.
Photography by Stephani Buchman