This summer, hundreds of us will hit the highways for an exciting road trip getaway, so let the fun begin. Don't rely, for example, on drive-thru fast food or convenience store junk when there are far better snacks to tantalize our taste buds. Keep your hunger at bay with this travel-friendly, and healthy, recipe from Ozery Bakery.
- 2 Whole Wheat Pitas
- 4 tbsp coconut oil or butter, melted
- 5 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice each pita in half, then each into six equal-sized wedges. In a bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Brush both sides of each pita wedge with coconut oil. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture evenly over both sides of the pita wedges, and place on baking sheet in a single layer. Do not overlap.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn over and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until wedges are crisp. Let chips cool on a wire rack before serving.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018